David Cedeño (415) 489-8432 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former Marine turned artist with a Masters in Fine Art focused on advertising. Experience developing advertising campaigns for films, technology and consumer products.
- Adept at working with a range of audiences, from startup companies and film producers to Oakland middle school students.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, with experience working, collaborating and thriving in high stress and chaotic environments.
Art Director, Pet Project Productions, Hollywood CA (2009-2011)
- Led marketing campaign and web development team to promote the cycling documentary “To Live and Ride in LA”.
- Storyboarded website and worked with website contractors on developing content.
- Recruited musicians for film soundtrack and worked close with the screening process of the film, giving feedback on film updates.
- Worked as cameraman and art director on several smaller productions and film spots.
Logo Design / Brand Identity, O2H Media, New York, NY (2009)
- Developed logo and website storyboards for outdoor advertising company, O2H Media
- Start-up company working under incredibly tight deadlines.
Information Technology Instructor, United for Success, Oakland, CA (2008-2009)
- Designed classes and recruited students for three computer science and computer arts classes in inner city Oakland.
- Designed and implemented a curriculum for computer arts and visual design, focused on Photoshop, Illustrator and Urban Art. Helped students develop and create 5 outdoor murals for an Oakland City park.
- Taught networking and computer troubleshooting to students working as IT helpers.
Software: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Quark Express, Flash.
Language: English (fluent, native), Spanish (fluent, native).
MFA: Advertising, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA (2009)
BFA: Computer Art, SUNY @ Buffalo, NY (2001)
- Best Integrated Advertising Campaign (Gold Award), Academy of Art Winter Show (2007)
- Silver Award for Interactive Advertising Campaign, Academy of Art Winter Show (2007)
- Bronze Award for Interactive Advertising Campaign, Academy of Art Spring Show (2006)
- Honorable Discharge, USMC Reserves, H&S Company (2002)
Painting, cycling, and travel (with extensive travel experience in Europe, Central and South America).
References and portfolio available upon request.